Welcome to the UHS LMC blog. This blog is a tool of the LMC. We can use it for LMC happenings and projects. It is also a place to think and share how you feel about certain topics. Please keep all comments appropriate.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Power of the Keyboard

We (mostly me) learned tons this week through our blogging excursion . We had a lot of fun (see video clip), and we found some glitches. But by the end of the trip I'd say we got our monies worth.

Some of the posts were funny, some very serious. Some surprised me and some were just what I expected. Most students put their dreams to the screen without hesitation, knowing that their peers were just waiting to challenge those dreams. Others, possibly more wisely, were more cautious. Fortunately most of the comments showed a high level of acceptance and were helpful.

I tried to push the students to make comments that really had an impact on the student's writing. Some got it. Some didn't. Next time I will prep them better to focus on the writing and not the person's career choice. When we did have a derogatory comment it was focused on the person's choice and not their writing. That said we will have to take the same excursion again and see if we can get more on the right path. You can definitely get reactions by writing you opinion. The power of the pen, or should I say keyboard, is stronger than ever.

0 comments: